Quick, Affordable In House Shipping
One of our great assets here at Casco Bay Auctions is our full service professional shipping department. Whether you purchased a basket or a bureau, we will ensure the piece arrives to you safely, at the lowest price possible, and as quickly as we can.
The shipping process happens in five easy steps:
- You win an item at auction, congratulations!
- You will receive an emailed invoice for your auction purchases, this can be paid online via credit card with the included link, over the phone, or by check.
- You will receive an email from Shipping Saint asking if you would like to pickup your items or have them shipped.
- If shipping is selected, we will pack your items, typically in 1-5 business days.
- You will receive an invoice for the shipping, which can be paid online with a credit card
Please note, your items must be paid for before they can be packed for shipping.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take to receive my items?
The majority of items are received by buyers within two weeks of the auction, with many items arriving sooner.
Once your items are paid for, they are transferred to our shipping department. From there, it typically takes 1-5 business days for us to pack the items and send a shipping invoice. Once that invoice is paid, most packages take 3-5 days.
Larger pieces, which we send via private trucking companies, may take longer due to the complexities of scheduling drivers.
How much will it cost?
Our shipping rates are based on the cost of materials used, the time to pack, and the price of postage and insurance. We compare rates between USPS, UPS and FedEx, and choose the least expensive option. As a point of reference, a 12 inch, 10 pound box to California will typically cost around $50.
What about insurance?
All packages are insured for the full price of the contents. In the rare instance that something goes wrong, we have an easy claims process, and our insurance provider resolves most claims in about 10 days.
Can I send my own shipping label?
In order to provide the best possible service and to keep our shipping department humming along, we do not accept buyer provided shipping labels.