About

Casco Bay Auctions, LLC was founded in 2019 to provide auction services to clients in the communities of Southern and Midcoast Maine. Located in Freeport, we travel throughout the region collecting consignments for our auctions. We hold live auctions at our Freeport gallery, as well as periodic online only auctions. All of our sales are also simulcast online, allowing us to reach an international audience and increase hammer prices.

As a company, we pride ourselves on dealing with clients in an honest, straight forward manner, and with complete confidentiality. Our goal is to make the consignment process simple and transparent, and to provide buyers with an exceptional level of service. To buyers, we provide personalized service, accurate descriptions, and affordable shipping options.

147 Main Street, Freeport, Maine

Our auction gallery is located on Freeport’s Main street, just down the street from LL Bean’s flagship store. The 5,000 square foot space is fully accessible, with plenty of parking in our lot behind the building. An elevator provides easy access to the second floor. Consignors can rest assured that their items are secure: the climate controlled space is covered by 24 cameras, and secured by a monitored alarm system. 

Several restaurants are within walking distance for customers attending our sales or previews.

Tuscan Bistro (Upscale Italian, right across the street, great atmosphere)
Broad Arrow Tavern (Upscale Pub, across the street)
Jameson Tavern (Traditional pub fare, about a block away)
Derosiers (Pizzas and Subs, approximately a block away)
Petrillos (Italian, about a 10 minute walk)
Linda Bean’s Maine Kitchen & Topside Tavern ( Standard American Fare, outdoor fire pits, a block away)
Brickyard Hollow (Pizza and good beer, about a 10 minute walk)

Our Future Auction Hall

We recently purchased this 1814 church just up the street from our 147 Main Street gallery. The second level is currently home to auctioneer Andrew Davis and his family, and the first floor is in the process of being renovated for additional storage, display and auction space. 

Originally built as a dormitory for North Yarmouth Academy in 1814, the building was purchased by the Second Universalist Society of Freeport in 1881, and moved to its current location. The steeples, stained glass and an addition to the back were all added between 1881 and 1887. The church operated until 1971, and in 1973, the building was sold to an individual who operated it as a sail loft for a number of years. In 1983, the building was sold again, to a dentist and his wife. He located his offices in the first floor, and converted the second floor to an apartment. We purchased the building from his wife in 2021, and are thrilled to carry on the legacy of this grand piece of Freeport’s history.