Interested in selling your items at auction?
Leave your details and we will contact you shortly
Here at Casco Bay Auctions, we make the consignment process easy and completely transparent. There are many great reasons to consign your items to us, here are just a few:
- Maximize prices. Competitive bidding means your item is likely to bring more than selling outright.
- Reach an international audience with online bidding. We offer online bidding through LiveAuctioneers, which reaches thousands of potential buyers from around the world.
- Simplify estate settlement. A public auction is a convenient and transparent way to settle an estate, and satisfies the executor’s fiduciary responsibility.
- Organized Consignment Reports. Everything we take on consignment is listed on a consignment form, and you receive a detailed report of all lots sold following the auction.
- Competitive Commission Rates. We offer some of the lowest commission rates around, and will not surprise you with any hidden fees.
- Professional Photography. Particularly for online bidding, quality photographs are critical for achieving the best prices. Every item we sell is beautifully represented from multiple angles.
- Accurate Catalog Descriptions. We carefully research each item to write a complete and accurate description. This is very important to ensure your item reaches the broadest possible audience and highest price.
- Expert Consultants. We have contacts with leading experts in a variety of fields, whom we consult with when an item is outside our areas of expertise.
- Safe Handling of Your Property. We take great pride in treating your valuable items with care, from pick up through shipment to the buyer. Our facility is protected by interior and exterior cameras, and 24 hour monitored fire and security systems. Small pieces are secured in display cases during auction preview. All consignments are covered under our insurance policy while in our care.
THE CONSIGNMENT PROCESS
There are three main steps to consigning items for auction: the initial consultation, item pick-up or delivery, and the auction. The first step is to send photos of the items you are interested in selling, or if it is a large collection, I also offer free house calls. If your items are a good fit for my sales, we will then complete a consignment agreement and arrange pickup. If your property would be better suited for another auction house or estate liquidation service, I will gladly refer you to a reputable local company. This initial consultation is always free of charge.
THE CONSIGNMENT AGREEMENT
Every consignor receives a written agreement that outlines any commission charges (typically between 10-30% of the hammer price depending on the value of the item), any additional charges for shipping, storage or other costs, and a listing of the items taken on consignment.
You are welcome to deliver your property to our auction location at 31 Main Street, Freeport, Maine. Please call ahead at 207-370-4592 to ensure I will be there to meet you. I can also arrange pick-up of items at your convenience. For clients needed a full house cleanout, I can arrange for a local company to be on site during the pickup to handle any items that are not going to auction.
Your property will be professionally photographed and described with an accurate and detailed description, given a lot number, and published to our online bidding platforms as well as our website. At your request, we will provide you with a listing of your items in the sale, with the lot numbers they have been assigned. 30 days after the auction, you will receive a listing of the sales price of each item with a check for the proceeds, minus the commission and any other expenses listed on your consignment agreement. There are never any hidden fees or charges-the only costs are those that are clearly listed on your consignment agreement.